What we offer
Our Service, Bodypage, is a platform for personal fitness to which you can post content including photos, comments, health and fitness information and other materials (“User Content”), which you can choose to share publicly or amongst your friends and followers. What this means is that we and third parties including other users of the Service, advertisers, and the general public may see, use, share and otherwise interact with your User Content.
The information we collect:
- Your username, password and e-mail address;
- Information you make available to us when you connect another social media account to Bodypage;
- Profile information that you provide (including your age/birth year, gender, location and contact details such as your personal website, phone number, or Twitter handle);
- User Content you post to the Service, including meta data associated with such User Content (for example, location information embedded in photos);
- Information stored on the device which you have chosen to make available to us in installing the Bodypage app on your device or accessing the Bodypage website through a device (for example, account data, device identifier, cookies, log files, location data);
- Information communicated when you access the Service, such as your IP address, browser software, referring/exit URLs, click tracks, and data about how you interact with the Service;
- Communications between you and us (such as technical support enquiries); and,
- Information derived from any of the above.
We store Information and User Content for as long as is necessary to provide the Service to you and others. Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you delete or alter any of your Information or User Content, we, and our associated companies and service providers, may retain your Information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for continuity, backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Why we collect your Information
- Operate the Service;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Contact friends who you invite to use the Service;
- Provide personalised content and information to you and others, which could include news feed (or fit feed) content and aspects of the Service as well as targeted advertisements, contests and competitions, special offers, event details, or other forms of marketing;
- Send you notifications about activity on the Service;
- Enable others to find and contact you through the Service, and to view your User Content, subject to any privacy restrictions you choose for your profile;
- Provide, improve, and test the Service and monitor its effectiveness;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Derive and monitor analytics such as access patterns and Service traffic;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Bodypage app on your device;
- Protect you, others who use the Service, and us; and,
- For subsidiary purposes of the above.
How we store your information
Personal data stored electronically are password-protected. Encryption technology is used on our secured web areas. Our computer systems are placed in restricted areas. We only permit authorised employees to access personal data. These employees are trained on our privacy policies.
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any Information or User Content or guarantee that any Information or User Content may not be accessed, inaccessible, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to other social media services you use to connect to us. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organisation.
Sharing of your Information with third parties
We will not sell, license or rent your information to third parties without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Any Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other users. If you remove Information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties have copied or saved that Information.
Additionally, we may share your Information (including User Content) to third parties as follows, to which you consent by using the Service:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are part of the same group of companies as us, or that become part of that group. Such associates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and their own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).;
- We may share your Information with third parties who help us provide the Service. Such third parties will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.;
- We may share your Information with third-party advertising partners for the purpose of delivering targeted advertisements, direct marketing of products and services we believe may be of interest to you (such as health and fitness) and other promotions.;
- We may share anonymised data with other parties, or combine your Information with other information in a way that it is no longer directly associated with you and share that aggregated information.;
Lastly, for the purposes of our business, we may provide your Information, under reasonably confidential terms, to:
- Our personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- Persons to whom we have a good faith belief that we are required to make disclosure under applicable local laws;
- Actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services;
- Detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; and
- To protect ourselves, you and others.
Third party services
We will generally hold your Information on our servers in the California, USA. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices and facilities elsewhere in the world or to our associates, partners, customers, who may be located elsewhere. By registering for and/or using the Service, you hereby consent to such transfer. When transferring or holding your Information outside of your country to another, we will endeavour to ensure that the other country has appropriately strong protection guarantees as your country, however we cannot promise that this will be the case. In some cases, transferree countries may not have as strong data privacy laws as your country.